As you are aware, the Government of Ontario announced yesterday that all publicly funded schools are ordered closed for two weeks following March Break in an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This means all schools will remain closed from March 14, 2020 through April 5, 2020. The health, wellbeing and safety of students and staff are the SCCDSB’s highest priority.
There are many implications for secondary and elementary students and families. At present, please be aware of the following cancellations; however, continue to refer to the Board website at www.st-clair.net for further updates.
The following programs and activities are cancelled until further notice:
- Co-op placements
- Dual credit courses
- School Within a College (SWAC)
- All secondary and elementary athletics, arts and/or extracurricular activities
- EQAO (Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test) OSSLT is delayed until further notice
- Community Use of Schools – All schools are closed to third party users
- Childcare and Before and After programs in schools are closed
The Ministry of Education will be providing student resources on its website at https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministry-education
Please also continue to visit the Board website at www.st-clair.net Updates will be posted as they become available.
I want to thank you for your support of these important measures, which will help to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our students, families and staff. Wishing you God’s blessings for a safe and healthy March break.
Director of Education